History

Our History

Sacred Heart Girls Higher Secondary School, located in  the heart of Thalassery town, was established in 1886. The construction of the school in 1886 was an ambitious undertaking of the young parish consisting of 424 families. Under Father Gerald Geary’s leadership as pastor, the parishioners gave top priority to the establishment of a parish school. Archbishop John J.Mitty of the Archdiocese of San Francisco approved the building contract on December 3, 1956. The Ladies Guild and the Mens Club, along with the strong financial support of the parishioners, raised sufficient money to complete the eight-room building by 5th September 1957, the opening day of school.

The Sacred Heart Girls Higher Secondary School, Thalassery the third off-shoot of Apostolic Carmel, in Malabar, has finished the 129th mile stone and still continues its quality education service better and consistent. Today we are proud of its glory and halo that surrounds it , specially when we think of the thousands of families whose children have passed through the portals of ‘Sacred Heart Girls Higher Secondary  School’ enlightened by the torch of education received there, have carried with them to the ends of the earth in service to their fellowmen and country, the message of love radiated by the Sacred Heart Girls  Higher Secondary School.Our  Higher Secondary has started in 2010.


Subscribe Our Newsletter

 

Contact Now

Sacred Heart Girls' High School

Thalassery Kannur District,

Kerala - 670101